1. Instructions on how to enter, prize details and other information contained within the promotional advertisements form part of these terms and conditions. By participating, in this promotion entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The promotion commences on 8am, January 28th and closes at 5pm on February 28th, 2014. Only entries received by this date and time will be valid and entries MUST be submitted via email. Winning entrants to provide their contact details, on request.
3. Entry is open to all residents of Beenleigh region and businesses within or servicing the region. Winners under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian when claiming and collecting their prize.
4. Photographs submitted must be the entrant’s own original work and must not have been published previously or been obtained from a secondary source. By submitting a photograph, an entrant grants Headline Advertising Pty Ltd. and its related entities a royalty-free, perpetual licence to use, reproduce, publish or display the photographs/videos and any stories on the entrants. This includes commercial purposes and may extend to or involve use by or with one or more third parties.
5. Photographs should meet the photographic category, a piece of Beenleigh.
6. If photographs contain images of children then this must only contain images of your own children/members of your family or children of friends with the parent’s written consent.
7. Photographs submitted will be displayed www.bertvanmanen.com.au and published in Bert van Manen MP social medial and publications. Headline Advertising Pty Ltd. accepts no responsibility for materials submitted and advises that entries submitted will not be returned to entrants.
8. All entries will be judged and rated on photographic merit by a panel from Headlinead and the office of Bert van Manen MP. The judge’s decision is final and cannot be contested. The panel will be judging the photos on the following criteria:
a) Creativity – unique views of buildings and people interacting with architecture.
b) Composition – consideration of alignment and perspective. Photographs should be landscape or panoramic.
c) Vibrancy – be excited about architecture and the city, embrace colour and light quality.
d) Demonstrate Beenleigh in a positive angle.
9. There will be one overall winner, a winner chosen as people’s choice in addition to a number of runners up at the Judges discretion.
10. The winners will be selected by March 7th and notified by telephone by a representative of Bert van Manen MP. Winners will also be announced onlinewww.bertvanmanen.com.au on Friday, march 7th 2014.
12. All costs incurred in participating in the competition will be at the expense of the winner.
13. In participating in the competition, entrants agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winner agrees to grant the Promoter a perpetual and exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs, as well as their actual entries in all media worldwide and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use. The winner agrees they will not, and will ensure that their companions do not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
14. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION ON A WEBSITE, OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS COMPETITION, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WHETHER SUCCESSFUL OR NOT, THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TAKE WHATEVER ACTION IT CONSIDERS NECESSARY AGAINST ANY PERSON WHO IS PARTY TO THE SAID CONDUCT.
15. All contestants release from, and indemnify Headline Advertising Pty Ltd. against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize(s) or participation in the competition including (but not limited to) loss of income, personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
16. Headline Advertising Pty Ltd. and associated agencies accept no responsibility for any loss, damage, accident, death or injury resulting from the promotion.
17. Entry into this competition signifies acceptance of all conditions. The Promoter’s decision will be final and cannot be contested. No correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right to limit entry or amend rules if considered necessary without notice.The Promoter is Headlinead, PO Box 700, Robina QLD 4226.