Selena was followed closely by year 11 Kimberley College student, McKinley Fiveash, who gave a passionate speech about NAPLAN failing school children with learning difficulties.
The competition was open to all senior school students living in Forde and required entrants to write an essay on their long term aspirations in the Forde electorate based on two of the following criteria:
– Reflection of personal development into the future.
– Evaluation of whether or not social needs are adequately met in the community.
– Future prospects for the student’s financial well being in our local community.
– The student’s interest in government policy for the region at local, state and federal levels.
– The student’s vision for future generations of young people in our community.
Selena and McKinley both won $200 bank accounts with the Logan Community Bendigo Bank.