Win a Trip to Parliament House – Submit your entry by 10th September 2012
A local High School Student will win $200 and a return trip for two to Canberra to hear their essay being read out in the Federal Parliament.
The competition, Young Voice of Forde is being hosted by Bert van Manen MP and encourages year 11 & 12 students to write an essay about their long term aspirations for the local community.
All finalists will receive a Certificate of Acknowledgment.
The top five entrants will receive a $200 bank account with Bendigo Bank.
The winner will also receive a return trip for two with Virgin Australia (the student and a parent or legal guardian) to Canberra on 29 October 2012, with one night’s accommodation and breakfast at the Hotel Kurrajong.
The winner will enjoy a personal tour of Parliament House, VIP passes to Question Time and will have their essay delivered by Mr Bert van Manen MP in the House of Representatives Chamber.
The essay must address at least two of the following:
1. Reflection of personal development into the future.
2. Evaluation of whether or not social needs are adequately met in the community.
3. Future prospects for the student’s financial well being in our local community.
4. The student’s interest in government policy for the region at local, state and federal levels.
5. The student’s vision for future generations of young people in our community.
Finalists must be prepared to present their essay at a public gathering on Tuesday, 16 October 2012 and will be notified of their successful entry by Friday, 21 September 2012.
These essays must be forwarded to my office, with the registration form, for consideration by no later than 5pm, 10 September 2012. A panel of judges will then announce the top five entrants and the overall winner at the finals on 16 October 2012.
For more information contact the office on 07 3807 6340 or email firstname.lastname@example.org