Young people at risk of homelessness in Forde will receive greater support through increased Government funding announced by the Turnbull Government.
Federal Member for Forde Bert van Manen MP said up to $5.7 million had been provided to Reconnect Services in the Forde electorate to provide support and assistance to young people who are homeless or at risk of being homeless.
“Reconnect services will help stabilise the lives of vulnerable young people by keeping them connected with their families, communities, and education or employment opportunities,” Mr van Manen said.
“The Reconnect program in my electorate of Forde is operated by a number of providers including Career Employment Australia, Multilink Reconnect, Open Doors Youth Services, Reconnect Crucial Connect and Bridges Connect.
“I encourage anyone who knows someone in a vulnerable housing situation to use this service.
Mr van Manen said the Turnbull Government’s long-term funding of Reconnect was enabling services to intervene before crisis occurs.
The Turnbull Government has provided up to $117 million over five years to 102 Reconnect services across Australia, on top of an additional $375 million to frontline homelessness services over the three years from July 1, 2018.
For more information on Reconnect services, visit the DSS website.